Caribbean Carnivals and Celebrations
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Caribbean Vacation Rentals and other Vacation Rentals topics.
what Are Some Good Festivals in the Caribbean?
Festivals and celebrations are a passion and priority in the Caribbean. Each year the calendar is filled with festivals, carnivals and celebrations around the region. Here's a sampling of annual parties in paradise:
- Antigua, Aruba, Curacao, the Cayman islands, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, St. Kitts and Nevis all celebrate annual Carnivals or Carnavals usually in the weeks preceding Lent. .
- Jamaica is known as the home of reggae music and the Reggae Sumfest and Air Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival are annual music festivals worth the trip.
- Learn to dance the Merengue at the Santo Domingo Merengue Festival.
- The Barbados Jazz Festival and Puerto Rico Heineken Jazzfest grow in popularity every year.
- St. Lucia lays claim to “The Best Party in the Caribbean” with a springtime jazz festival.
- June brings the Bahamas Goombay Festival and in December you can celebrate the Christmas holidays with Junkanoo in the Bahamas.
If you enjoy a good celebration, plan ahead. Caribbean
vacation rentals go fast around festival dates. Unlike most major holidays, these festival and celebration dates change each year and it is best to do an Internet search or check with the Island Tourism Authority for the current festival dates.