Caribbean Island Hot Spots
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Caribbean Vacation Rentals and other Vacation Rentals topics.
What Are Some of the Best Caribbean Hot Spots?
The islands of the Caribbean are filled with unique attractions and rich cultures. Here is a sample of what some popular Caribbean “hot spots” are known for:
- Caribbean includes the U.S. Virgin Islands of St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix. If shopping and nightlife are your passion, St. Thomas offers some of the best shopping, best golf courses and exciting nightlife in the Caribbean. It is also a popular cruise port with ships arriving early morning and sailing late in the afternoon. For a more secluded getaway and great snorkeling, opt for tiny St. JohnSt. Croix.
- Best windsurfing and kite boarding is found on Barbados, Bonaire, Dominican Republic and Aruba.
- St. Lucia , St. Martin (French side), St. John and Peter Island are most often cited as the “Most Romantic Caribbean Islands.”
- Anguilla, Bonaire, Nevis and Paradise Island, Bahamas rank high on family-friendly lists.
- St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Aruba and the Dominican Republic get top the leader board for great golfing.
- Anguilla, Antigua, Aruba, Grand Cayman and Barbados offer some of the most scenic beaches.
- Grand Cayman Island is a diver's dream with over 250 dive and snorkel sites and Bermuda, Bonaire and Curacao also offer great dive sites.
- National Geographic cites Grand Cayman, Saba, Dominica and Montserrat as the most extreme Caribbean landscapes.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.