Read these 8 Vacation Rentals Tips tips to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Each tip is approved by our Editors and created by expert writers so great we call them Gurus. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Vacation Rentals tips and hundreds of other topics.
Does the everyday grind make you want to take a siesta? Come and join the fiesta in Mexico! Fill your life with excitement by taking a beach-front vacation in this paradise. Enjoy snorkeling and diving in unbelievably blue waters, gasp at the sight of mountains that blend into seas, and partake in the exciting nightlife that offers shopping, dinner, and dancing. It's a fantastic place with a mixture of culture and traditions!
When vacationing in Mexico it's useful to carry around a small bottle of instant hand sanitizer. Most public restrooms do not provide soap or paper towels. Your own portable hand-cleaning supply can come in handy to rid yourself of germs throughout the day.
First impressions are extremely important so make an effort to make yours a good one. When renting out a property, try the following:
• Leave a welcome note for your vacation rental houseguests next to a vase of flowers
• Place a food basket of on the kitchen counter (fill with things like maple syrup, jellies or wine & cheeses)
• Under a magnet on the refrigerator leave a list of contact emergency numbers and a house cleaner
• Leave a “welcome” package with maps, a list of favorite restaurants and attractions
Making reservations early will guarantee your dream spot and save you from higher prices and/or less amenities. Also, look into the following before renting:
• Vacation rentals involve large sums of money so get a written contract before sending payments
• If deposits are required for your vacation rental – don't miss the deadline
• Know your cancellation policy
• Get accommodation instructions for the vacation rental home settled in advance
• Get schedules for flights, cars, trains or buses
• Get the homeowner's phone numbers
• Most importantly, get the keys
Private vacation rental homes offer spaciousness at practical costs. These vacation rentals offer kitchens that eliminate the necessity to eat out at pricey restaurants. And, when vacation homes are owner occupied it means the property receives plenty of TLC and loving touches.
Homeowners/rental agents can often supply you with those “special” places that only the locals know. All of this can create a delightful trip!
List your property with several vacation rental sites including your local Chamber of Commerce (photographs are important as they show the rentals good aspects and help to ease the fears of prospective houseguests). Try the following tips as well:
• Get approved to accept credit cards for convenience
• Hire a reliable cleaning service for your rental home
• Make your renters will feel like guests and they will treat your rental vacation home better
The birds do it, why shouldn't you? Migrate somewhere warm this winter and spend Christmas with your family in a great holiday vacation rental in the sun. You can get a holiday rental villa, condo, or apartment almost anywhere so explore your options.
New Zealand is a great option that offers everything from beaches to rainforests. It is also a plus that the seasons in New Zealand are the opposite of those in the Northern Hemisphere (January is the warmest month while July is the coldest). In other words, you can hit the beach in your swim suit during December rather than slip on a sweater.
Adding extras will make your rental stand out and cause renters to choose yours over others. Try the following ideas to make your rental really special:
• Set around several individual toiletry baskets in the bathroom
• Create a corner mini-office with scanner/fax machine and Internet access availability
• Consider investing in an in-house ice machine
*Think of what you would like to find if you were a vacation rental houseguest and make it happen!
It's 2005! Some of the hottest vacation rental home areas that people seek out are Palm Springs, the Keys, Aspen and, of course, the Caribbean.
Vacation rentals popular in other countries include France, Italy, and the roaming green hills of Ireland. US coasts hold fascination with the likes of Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard on the east and with viva Las Vegas on the west!